Why my leave of absence? 10 facts about what I’ve been doing the last month.
1. I have officially nailed down two clinical volunteering opportunities. Double win.
2. My boyfriend has been in the hospital for a partial shoulder replacement surgery. The scar is wicked. So are his staples.
3. My kitten has gotten older and finally calmed down slightly. He sleeps through the night and just turned 3mo old.
4. I realized that I love slightly sweetened iced green tea from Starbucks (and iced caramel macchiatos!) and want to try the raspberry syrup instead of simple syrup in the green tea.
5. I got this super cool water bottle from Target for $8.
6. I tried Jif Whips S’mores and let me just tell you, “EMERGENCY ONLY” written in Sharpie doesn’t mean anything to a girl with cravings.
7. I picked up the piano again. “Go the Distance” from Hercules is pretty freaking awesome. Just saying.
8. I have officially gotten over the depression/anxiety side of the fact that grad school starts up in a week and am on the “let’s get cute office supplies, and super awesome smelling lotion will totally keep my hands dry and make me happy” side.
9. I installed a ceiling fan in my room. And when I say I, I mean my boyfriend. And it’s AWESOME. Fans are addicting and amazing and allow you to super cuddle up under your winter blanket in the summer. Win.
10. I have a goal to blog twice a week during the school year. Anyone wanna help me stay accountable?
Anyway, I made this salad forever ago but it’s tasty. Refreshing, light, and great to eat on the back porch with some wine.
Cucumber Corn & Radish Salad
2 cucumbers, chopped
1/4 c corn
3 radishes, thinly sliced
1/4 c feta
2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp olive oil
Optional: mango coconut dressing from Fresh Market
1. Mix all.